VOGONS

First post, by VED

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!
I like to make longplay videos or however documenting old games & demos.
I still have a lot of old pc demos and i'm diggong into them using my old PIII with Win98 installed.
The point Is i have this 10 minutes Dino Crisis demo and i wish to ask if there Is a way to disable timer countdown, in order to see how much of the game was actually put in this demo.
I don't think there could be a generic tool but who knows 😁
Many thanks!

Reply 1 of 5, by wierd_w

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's awfully close to asking for a crack. ;p

Such topics are not particularly well tolerated here. The admins here are pretty strict on respecting copyrights and use restriction measures.

Reply 2 of 5, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know but does the game track the time played in a file or registry? Or if you could turn back the Windows time clock?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 3 of 5, by VED

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh i didn't intend to crack It, i'm just curious yo study it..well i wish also to see if with that time limit you could be able to reach demo limits or not..however i hate those countdown demo, i mean i prefer shorter content, but relaxing, rather these anxiety trigger things 😂

Reply 4 of 5, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Need some kind of tool that looks in ram and find the place in ram where the countdown is stored and then maybe you can lock it. I think Cheat Engine does this but I have no idea if this is available for windows 98 but there is likely an equivalent.

Reply 5 of 5, by Kalle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You might want to look into the functions SetTimer, KillTimer and the WM_TIMER message. That would be one way to implement it.