VOGONS

First post, by Guardian_Misterioso

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am having problems with the "Olympic Games Atlanta 96", since when I am about to play the swimming event after having completed 9 of them, the game crashes and exits to the promtp with the following error message in the secondary window:

ret from illegal descriptor

Additionally, it should be noted that every time I try to access a new event, the following message appears in the secondary window:

redirect output to null

I have tried changing cycles, making different memory selections and also changing the cpu type, without success in any of the cases. Additionally, I have tested both the official version of DOSBox and DOSBox SVN Daum and DOSBox-X. Could anyone tell me what I should do so that the game doesn't crash when it is time to play that especific discipline?

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 3, by TheWiredIsUponUs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How are you running the game? Game ripped to the hard disk, or from the ISO image?

Reply 2 of 3, by Guardian_Misterioso

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since I no longer have a PC with a physical CD drive, years ago I made CD images of my entire collection, including this game. So this is an ISO (BIN/CUE) that I mount with the imgmount command or I mount the Daemon Tools virtual drive where I run it.

Reply 3 of 3, by TheWiredIsUponUs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game requires the CD to be mounted in order to play the game. You could find a crack of it somewhere, I guess, which might fix the issues that you was having earlier; otherwise, try a different DOS emulator.

In my opinion, the best DOS emulator would have to be DOSBox-X.