VOGONS

First post, by seweryn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I use dosbox ver. 0.74 on Linux Fedora 14. After start I mount C: drive on my ~/tmp/dosbox directory, where I have some subdirs. One of them is XTG directory including my favourite file browser XTree Gold 3.0.
I enter into this directory and run this application :

CD XTG
XTGOLD

It starts fine, but shows main root C: tree. If I want to enter into some subdirectory ( for instance XTG ), I cannot. File browser stay always on C: root directory.
It looks like application couldn't recognize which name belong to a file, and which to directory name.
On dosbox's site I found that XTree Gold 3.0 should run perfect in dosbox window. Why not for me ?
Any help ?

Reply 1 of 5, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Can you enter the XTG directory using that program?

Reply 2 of 5, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

There are two issues in DOSBox that prevent XTree Gold from reading directory structures from local folder mounts. The issues have been reported to the devs with suggested fixes; however, applications often receive low priority for compatibility issues. In the meantime, the attached TSR program will work around the issues, and XTG can browse the directory tree, launch programs, and so forth; but there are some other minor things in the application that simply can't work with folder mounts (e.g. reporting physical characteristics of the hard drive). Source code is included in the archive.

Reply 3 of 5, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Yeah i don't and won't keep an app fixes list.

Reply 4 of 5, by seweryn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@ripsaw8080 Thank You. Your patch solved my problem. XTree works fine now.