VOGONS

PCI Sound card for Windows 3.11 & Dos 6.22?

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 84, by Dennis1959

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dr.zeissler wrote on 2024-05-30, 07:25:
Because I am always using multiboot I have to stick to cards that are compatible. - 1370 does not work in amithlon, 1371/1373 do […]
Show full quote

Because I am always using multiboot I have to stick to cards that are compatible.
- 1370 does not work in amithlon, 1371/1373 do work with native support with the original kernel.
- 1371/1373 did not work for me in plain dos and win9x doswindow/fullscreen (SBEMU works for real dos) on my Scovery 211/212 ALI5 Chipset (the only PCI soundcrd that workd was ESS-SOLO1 PCI on that machine, every other card was correctly installed but muted)
- 1371/1373 did not work for me in OS/2 Warp4, but there was a driver for 1371 that should work in OS/2 but is not supported in Win/OS2.
- Never tested Win3x on it.

In short:
- I will test your dos-driver for 1373 if this works at all and if it's better than SBEMU at current state
- I don't think SBEMU will work with the win3x-driver but I will test this too.
- A working solution for win9x doswindow/fullscreen would be pretty nice, I already tested several different drivers, none worked. Seemed to be that it is the same issue like in plain dos.

Doc

Hello, I stuck 19.00 on my cash app, and also have it linked to my PayPal, how much is the shipping that you mentioned?

Thankyou.

Reply 81 of 84, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What?

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 82 of 84, by magicmanred

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dennis1959 wrote on 2024-05-31, 16:14:

Hello, I stuck 19.00 on my cash app, and also have it linked to my PayPal, how much is the shipping that you mentioned?

Thankyou.

I assume you meant the shipping message to me.

Where are you located? PM me your address so that I can pop it into pirateship for a quote.

And did you want all 3 sound cards? Or just the 1373.

All are free.

Reply 83 of 84, by Dennis1959

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry I should have said who that message was for, magicmanred

as for PM'ing I was looking but did not see how to do that, just one card will be fine.

I clicked on your screen name and it only took me to your profile page.

Reply 84 of 84, by Dennis1959

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

magicmanred

I got your PM, but it will not let me compose a message, I have not been here long enough to use that feature, is what it told me.

Here is my email. humble_christian1959@yahoo.com