VOGONS

First post, by badflame

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

the intro of the game, and in general all videos, have some black horizontal lines on screen.

Any chance to remove them?

Thanks.

Last edited by badflame on 2024-06-01, 23:05. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 6, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Try the attached workaround program, just run it in DOSBox before running the game.

Other games, particularly those developed by Synthetic Dimensions, have the same issue where the workaround may help.

BTW, Chronicles of The Sword uses CD-audio channel control for speech, and you'll need an SVN build of DOSBox for that to work as intended.

Reply 2 of 6, by badflame

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ripsaw8080 wrote on 2024-06-01, 11:59:

Try the attached workaround program, just run it in DOSBox before running the game.

Other games, particularly those developed by Synthetic Dimensions, have the same issue where the workaround may help.

BTW, Chronicles of The Sword uses CD-audio channel control for speech, and you'll need an SVN build of DOSBox for that to work as intended.

Thanks, mate. Once again you have solved my problem.

Regarding the voices, they work correctly for me.

Let's see if you can come up with a solution for the flicker in "The Gold of the Aztecs": The Gold of the Aztecs flickering (VGA mode)

Reply 3 of 6, by torpedo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, it works correctly. Just out of curiosity, is this your own program? Or is this from some collection like garbo to help with demoscene programs?

Reply 4 of 6, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
torpedo wrote on 2024-06-11, 17:44:

Thanks, it works correctly. Just out of curiosity, is this your own program? Or is this from some collection like garbo to help with demoscene programs?

I made the workaround program to test a solution for what is possibly an emulation issue in DOSBox. Is the program helping somewhere other than in DOSBox?

Reply 5 of 6, by torpedo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ripsaw8080 wrote on 2024-06-11, 22:23:
torpedo wrote on 2024-06-11, 17:44:

I made the workaround program to test a solution for what is possibly an emulation issue in DOSBox. Is the program helping somewhere other than in DOSBox?

No, I only needed it for DOSbox. Specifically for Druid:Daemons of the Mind. The thegreatcodeholio also provided an alternative fix
Druid: Dæmons of the Mind

But this vesa program is useful for other forks.

Reply 6 of 6, by Rincewind42

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Would you be so kind as to list those "other games" not developed by Synthetic Dimensions that also exhibit the issue? Thank you.

DOS: Soyo SY-5TF, MMX 200, 128MB, S3 Virge DX, ESS 1868F, AWE32, QWave, S2, McFly, SC-55, MU80, MP32L
Win98: Gigabyte K8VM800M, Athlon64 3200+, 512MB, Matrox G400, SB Live
WinXP: Gigabyte P31-DS3L, C2D 2.33 GHz, 2GB, GT 430, Audigy 4