VOGONS

First post, by Dokka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is it possible to add a mouse speed setting to dgVoodoo2?
In some games, such as X-COM: Collector's Edition, the mouse cursor speed is too high without the possibility of adjustment in the game.
This can be fixed in the windows control panel, but then you have to constantly restore the mouse speed when you exit the game.

Reply 2 of 7, by Dokka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KingSyphilis wrote on 2024-04-29, 01:54:

One could experiment with Raw Accel or potentially MarkC’s “Mouse Acceleration Fix”.

As I understand it, these programs are not designed to adjust the sensitivity of the mouse, but to adjust its acceleration, when the faster you move the mouse, the more distance it travels on the screen. This is useful for various shooters, but not exactly what is needed in this case. In addition, it seems that these programs change mouse settings globally for the entire system, but an individual approach is needed.

Reply 3 of 7, by KingSyphilis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dokka wrote on 2024-04-29, 06:18:

One could experiment with Raw Accel or potentially MarkC’s “Mouse Acceleration Fix”.

As I understand it, these programs are not designed to adjust the sensitivity of the mouse, but to adjust its acceleration, when the faster you move the mouse, the more distance it travels on the screen. This is useful for various shooters, but not exactly what is needed in this case. In addition, it seems that these programs change mouse settings globally for the entire system, but an individual approach is needed.

Raw Accel has a “Sensitivity Multiplier” parameter that can behave as a linear sensitivity adjustment. There seems to be some info on setting up per-app profiles, here .

There is also InterAccel (predecessor to Raw Accel), which does support per-app profiles without any workarounds.

Reply 4 of 7, by Dokka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KingSyphilis wrote on 2024-04-29, 07:03:

Raw Accel has a “Sensitivity Multiplier” parameter that can behave as a linear sensitivity adjustment. There seems to be some info on setting up per-app profiles, here .

There is also InterAccel (predecessor to Raw Accel), which does support per-app profiles without any workarounds.

Yes, you can use profiles in InterAccel. But this is still not very convenient, you need to open a specific game profile each time, and after the game restore the default one or remember the hot keys for profiles. In addition, you need to separately understand the settings, is it enough to simply reduce the sensitivity mouse, change only Post-Scale X or Pre-Scale X?

Reply 5 of 7, by KingSyphilis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dokka wrote on 2024-04-29, 13:08:
KingSyphilis wrote on 2024-04-29, 07:03:

Yes, you can use profiles in InterAccel. But this is still not very convenient, you need to open a specific game profile each time, and after the game restore the default one or remember the hot keys for profiles. In addition, you need to separately understand the settings, is it enough to simply reduce the sensitivity mouse, change only Post-Scale X or Pre-Scale X?

InterAccel can autoload a profile while a certain named executable is running. To reduce sensitivity in both axes, one would adjust Post-ScaleX and Post-ScaleY.

Edit: InterAccel can also be scheduled to start on login:

Important notes:

• You can minimize InterGUI.exe to your system tray and it will still work. You can also schedule the program to start automatically in Windows and add "-m" to the command line parameters to force it to start minimized.

Reply 6 of 7, by Dokka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, I installed this interaccel, but the auto profile does not work correctly for me. When I check the box for “auto profile switching”, interaccel immediately applies the profile before starting the game and the mouse slows down already in windows and you need to manually change the settings, when you exit the game the profile is not restored to default and you also have to restore it manually.

Reply 7 of 7, by KingSyphilis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dokka wrote on 2024-04-29, 19:56:

Well, I installed this interaccel, but the auto profile does not work correctly for me. When I check the box for “auto profile switching”, interaccel immediately applies the profile before starting the game and the mouse slows down already in windows and you need to manually change the settings, when you exit the game the profile is not restored to default and you also have to restore it manually.

I no longer use Windows, but it definitely worked for me; I had a profile for a game that I would launch almost daily and it always auto-applied when it saw that "name.exe" was running.

settings.ini should show something like the following (appropriated from my own historical settings.ini]):

[ProfileSettings]
AutoSwitch=1
Profiles=example1.profile\example2.profile
Triggers=game1.exe\game2.exe
Active=No\Yes