VOGONS

Reply 120 of 126, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

sfryers
Thank you ) now in MT-32 Editor have all what I beger )
Now very comfortably work and explore possibilities Roland MT-32 emulator from Falcosoft )

You know Roland MT-32 was be my dream when I read book from history PC in 1997-1998 years ) , then I have was be Pentium-90 and ESS688 and I very wanted hear quality MIDI synthesizer ) then I first hear as can sound WaveTable synhesizers with example YAMAHA S-YXG50 , but there was an incident there , I was just counting what itself word Roland sound beautiful ) , and that's why synhesizrs from Roland can not sound bad ) that's why I fan synhesizers of Roland

Reply 121 of 126, by sfryers

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Roland User wrote on 2024-05-12, 12:51:

sfryers
Thank you ) now in MT-32 Editor have all what I beger )
Now very comfortably work and explore possibilities Roland MT-32 emulator from Falcosoft )

Glad to know it's working well for you!

MT-32 Editor- a timbre editor and patch librarian for Roland MT-32 compatible devices: https://github.com/sfryers/MT32Editor

Reply 122 of 126, by sfryers

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've now managed to get the legacy version working on Windows 98 with a couple of very minor changes to the code:

Filename
MT32Edit-legacy.NET2.zip
File size
369.01 KiB
Downloads
9 downloads
File comment
MT32 Editor- .NET2.0 build with Win98 compatibility
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

If a Win9x OS is detected, the ability to selectively show and hide the console window is disabled- this turned out to be the only thing that was preventing it from running properly on Windows 98. Otherwise, the application appears to work perfectly, if a little slow at times, on my Windows 98SE PC (VIA C3 with 256Mb RAM) with .NET Framework 2.0 installed.

MT32Editor_Win98.png
Filename
MT32Editor_Win98.png
File size
48.82 KiB
Views
File comment
MT32 Editor running on Windows 98 SE
File license
CC-BY-4.0

MT-32 Editor- a timbre editor and patch librarian for Roland MT-32 compatible devices: https://github.com/sfryers/MT32Editor

Reply 123 of 126, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You well done!
I a little shocked ) because before I thinked what this will be work on Windows XP and very surprised to see what you created this editor with highest compatibility this is very very good )

Reply 124 of 126, by sfryers

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks- I was surprised how quickly I managed to get it working. I've seen plenty of information stating that many .NET features are missing from Windows 98, so I wasn't really expecting to have much success with it.

Reply 125 of 126, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Amazing! I really personally appreciate supporting older Versions of windows because it means I can use this on my old Pentium machines too!

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 126 of 126, by sfryers

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Release v0.9.10b is now available, incorporating several suggestions from earlier this month, and now includes both the 'main' .NET 6.0 and 'legacy' .NET Framework 2.0 versions. Please see the download link in my original post.

Spikey wrote on 2024-05-11, 16:11:

I do have one question about the Rhythm Area. The CM-32L sound effects are listed in pretty much every rhythm patch list, even for MT-32 intended SysEx - does that mean the timbre banks were programmed that way, or does it just reflect the numbers that those positions correspond to and where they're used? It would be useful in any case to have a toggle to hide them, so if you're using a MT-32 (or variant without PCM SFX), you can quickly switch it "off" and see that certain notes won't translate to a sound effect, it'll be "Nothing" and effectively muted.

Further to my earlier comments, I've now added the ability to clearly view which items are CM-32L specific, taking a 'keep everything visible but highlight incompatible elements' approach. The latest release has a new item in the Options menu, 'CM-32L mode'. When selected (as it is by default), the app looks and works just the same as it did before. When unselected, the app will restart in 'MT-32 mode'. In this mode, any PCM samples or sound effects which are only playable on a CM-32L are marked in red, as are any user timbres, patches or rhythm keys which make use of these samples. The rhythm keys which are beyond the range of the MT-32 are also coloured grey. Everything you see on screen will still be saved to the .syx file, whether marked in red or not.

MusicallyInspired wrote on Yesterday, 20:32:

Amazing! I really personally appreciate supporting older Versions of windows because it means I can use this on my old Pentium machines too!

Do let me know how that goes! It runs just about acceptably on my VIA C3 Windows 98 machine with the CPU clock set to approximate Pentium-level performance, but I've not tried it on anything with less than 256Mb RAM yet. If I ever get around to setting up a Windows 95 install, I'd be very curious to see whether the application would run using MattKC's recently released project to backport .NET (dotnet9x - Stress your old cpu with newer .NET on 9x).