Currently no emulators for?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2018-04-04, 22:59:

Mupen64Plus with the SoftGraphic plugin is pretty nice. N64 looking properly filtered, filtered, properly sized screen buffers, Indy working, etc.

I got it and when i saw the text mode stuff i thought nah needs a gui frontend like mame stuff

Reply 21 of 24, by Crosma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would say that CD-i is oddly missing emulation, given that CD-i Emulator and MAME/MESS's CD-i support both have about a 5% compatibility rate.

Reply 22 of 24, by Rekrul

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Crosma wrote on 2020-06-27, 07:29:

I would say that CD-i is oddly missing emulation, given that CD-i Emulator and MAME/MESS's CD-i support both have about a 5% compatibility rate.

Does anyone actually use MESS for anything? Looking through the file that comes with it, it seems like 90% of the systems it claims to emulate aren't even implemented, and of the ones that are, they seem to be more of a pain in the ass to get working than other emulators. I once tried to run C64 emulation just to check it out, since I'm very familiar with the C64. After spending about 15 minutes trying to get it to work, I gave up and just erased it. There are better and easier to use emulators out there. In my opinion, MESS has always been a mess.

Reply 23 of 24, by Crosma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Rekrul wrote on 2020-06-27, 07:44:

Does anyone actually use MESS for anything?

I use it for X68000, FM Towns Marty, and a couple of CD-i games.

The "Driven to Maturity" section on http://nonmame.retrogames.com/ is a complete list of all of the systems that can kind of be emulated by MAME/MESS, even if the compatibility rate is sometimes poor. Non-listed systems are too broken to be useful.

There aren't many systems that it can emulate as well as other emulators.

Reply 24 of 24, by Meowdori

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Very specific platform, but there's also Farlight CMI IIx, which doesn't have a fully working emulation, though it's a WIP MAME core